The polyglot embedded and standalone script compiler for professional Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Legacy Application Modernization.
Apex AthenaTM is an embedded scripting engine that can be used to generate fast, efficient bytecode or super-performant native code on a variety of popular operating systems. Apex Athena powers our Synchronicity technology, primarily used for building adapters to systems of record to facilitate real-time data interoperability, but what you can build with it is limited only by your imagination.
The languages Apex Athena supports are familiar—Pascal, Basic, and C#—but with special syntax for transforming data in multiple formats, a powerful macro system, built-in support for linked data and access to a number of SQL and NoSQL databases, and other innovative features. Apex Athena is based on a decade of experience helping developers create extensible, data-driven software solutions. Adding integrated scripting to your application has never been easier or more important as a competitive edge in any data-intensive domain, such as healthcare or finance.
Apex Athena brings real language innovation to Pascal, Basic and C# with powerful data manipulation primitives unique to the Apex Athena runtime design, including Apex MetaPath, which is like XPath but not limited to XML data. Apex MetaPath integrated into Apex Athena can be used interchangeably with almost any file format.
Apex Athena can also be run as a standalone command line scripting solution extendible by you for one-off ETL or systems administration use cases. You don’t have to be a Delphi/C++ Builder developer to use the standalone version of Apex Athena; you can simply use it like any other scripting engine, except you can choose between Apex Athena’s unique flavors of Pascal, Basic or C# for your scripting tasks.
- New improved bytecode implementation over legacy paxCompiler. Performance gains of 10-15x compared to previous releases of the PAX components.
- Powerful components to add scripting to your application.
- Compatibility with the latest Object Pascal plus enhancements not seen anywhere else, such as Apex MetaPath for inline declarative querying of large XML, JSON or EDN documents.
- Includes built-in Apex Perseus RegEx engine.
- Apex MetaPath is also available in Apex Athena flavors of Basic and Cm (or “C Minor”), a new scripting language that combines the power of C with the object-oriented convenience of C#.
- Apex MetaPath is a powerful feature that justifies Apex Athena even if you’re not looking to embed a scripting engine per se.
- New unit import/registration utility available as part of our SDK for extending Apex Athena with your application’s functionality.
- Command-line “athena” executable allows for general scripting in the absence of a specific host application, with a DLL-loading scheme that enables infinite extension of Apex Athena’s functionality. Special support for enterprise data reconciliation workflows.
- Empower your customers with control over their ROI by building extensibility into your products.
- You can use it to deliver powerful automation solutions on any platform and extend it with your proprietary or open source code.
- OEM the standalone athena.exe and DLL to create solutions that integrate with your application code.
- A perfect fit for legacy modernization and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) use cases.
- Ideal for ETL tasks as well.